Saturday, May 12, 2012

Portlock Cave

Big day ahead, better start with a healthy breakfast.

Topher wouldn't try to kill me... would he? 

Today after paddle boarding we went exploring the Portlock Cave. It is a little cave in the rocks where water rushes in and then is shot back out by pressure.



First look at the cave.

Here is a picture of the water rapidly shooting out of the cave and waves rushing against the rocks.

Obviously after seeing that, the most logical thing to do is get closer, for better pictures.

Topher (with his DSLR Camera) discovering how close to close is.

He has a short memory for where the waves go.

Dear Mr. Topher's Dad,
I want to commend you and congratulate you on keeping Topher alive through his childhood years. I'm not sure how you were able to do it. Perhaps he is just made of rubber and he bounces really well. I'll try to keep up your same track record, but it's a lot of work.


Conveniently for the next three pictures Topher had come over to use my shirt so he could dry his camera.



Here are a few pictures I put together of the water action.
Portlock




Here are a few clips in one video to better show the action. There is a rainbow at the end. (I apologize, Blogger kills the picture quality of these videos.)

If you read Topher's Blog, here is the video you have wanted to see. I do feel the need to vouch for him though, the waves are a Lot bigger and violent in person. (I mean, to his family, no they are not.)

1 comment:

  1. Dave, Thanks for keeping an eye on Topher.

    ReplyDelete